Benefit Entitements

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jones Jones 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #38170
    Profile photo of Helen

    I’m currently having my second child and receive benefits, I’m struggling to get what I need together for another baby as I’m on my own. My first child is 7 now and all the baby stuff I had I sold. Does anybody know if there are any benefits I could claim to help me get some new stuff for my baby? If anybody has any ideas or knows if you there are crisis loans available or something similar that would be good.

    Profile photo of Tori

    I’m pretty sure you can get a crisis loan or maybe even some kind of grant like they hand out to people when they’re trying to furnish their house when on benefits. Speak to your health visitor as she’ll know for sure and will be able to put you in touch with the right agencies x


    You can apply for a Social fund which is a budgeting loan there is no interest and they deduct something silly like five pounds a week from your benefits, If you are a single parent you can claim for CSA.

    Profile photo of Jones

    I’m not sure whether they still do crisis loans anymore, there will be something I’m sure that will help with your situation. Have you tried the charity shops and freecycle pages on social network sites. You could virtually get everything you will need for next to nothing, people advertise on the freecycle pages and the stuff is free. Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.