Tagged: DIY, DIY death, DIY fails, DIY warning
This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by HowDoICope 3 years, 5 months ago.
A coroner has warned parents of the dangers in DIY after a toddler was hit by a falling fire surround that her father had installed in the family home.
Trinity Coward was just two years of age, and was found critically injured at her home in the Lakenham area of Norwich on 6 July 2014, an inquest heard.
Trinity’s father had used a glue to stick the fireplace to the brick wall, and she had been “swinging” on it before it fell on top of her.
Coroner Jacqueline Lake said the death highlighted “the dangers of carrying out do-it-yourself work in the home”.
At the hearing in Norwich she recorded a verdict of accidental death.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe for free and receive our newsletter and you’ll automatically
be entered into our competitions every month.
Your details are secure and we don’t pass on your information to any 3rd party.