Written by: Zena Grantham
There’s nothing more warming and hearty than a bowl of soup. This Carrot and Corriander soup takes little time to prepare and tastes delicious, perfect for a family meal with a warm crusty roll.
- 700g carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 chopped Maris Piper potato
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 cube Vegetable stock
- Fresh chopped coriander
- Chop carrots into even-sized thick slices discarding the tips and stalk ends.
- Fry a chopped onion in a little oil until soft.
- Add a peeled and chopped Maris Piper potato and 2 tsp ground coriander. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and 1450ml of vegetable stock. Cover and cook on a gentle simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add a handful of fresh chopped coriander and blitz in a blender, leaving texture in the soup. Season with cracked black pepper and serve with crusty bread.