Written by: Beautiful Green Soul
Get the kids involved in baking this delicious vegan pizza, made from a cauliflower base and topped with veggies of your choice and a delicious pesto sauce. It’s super healthy, packed full of goodness, vegetarian and vegan friendly, plus is wheat free, dairy free and gluten free!
2tbsp chia seeds
100g almond flour
2 tbsp oregano
Salt and pepper
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2tbsp tomato purée
1 tbsp oregano
1 garlic clove chopped
Pesto 2 cups of fresh basil
1 cup of pine nuts
1 chopped garlic clove
1/4 cup olive oil ️
HOW TO PREPARE
- Firstly make the pesto by adding the basil into a blender. Blend until it is in tiny pieces.
- To the basil add the garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, salt and pepper. Blend until the pesto forms. Add more oil if necessary. This then needs to sit in the fridge for around one hour.
- In the meantime chop the cauliflower and add to clean blender and blend until it looks similar to white rice
- Bring to the boil a pan of water and then add the cauliflower rice. Bring back to the boil and then simmer for five minutes.
- Drain cauliflower, put in a freezable bowl and add to the freezer for ten minutes
- In a separate bowl mix the chia seeds and 6 tbsp of water together. Leave to sit on one side
- Start to prepare the tomato topping – add the tomatoes to a pan with the oregano, garlic and purée . Bring to the boil and simmer for ten minutes. Once done leave to one side to sit.
- Take cauliflower out of the freezer, put inside a Muslin cloth ( a tea towel works just as well) and squeeze out all excess water – it’s EXTREMELY important to get out all of the water
- Put the drained cauliflower into a bowl with the almond flour, salt, pepper, oregano and the chia. Mix well
- Spoon the mixture into an even layer on a pizza tray or baking tray, place in preheated oven (180degrees c) for 30 minutes
- Prepare the veggies of choice, I personally love broccoli and asparagus and have a little obsessed with mushrooms so of course they have to go on
- After thirty minutes take out the pizza crust and flip over, place back into the oven for fifteen minutes
- Once the base is done, take back out and pour on the tomato sauce then top with the veggies of choice. Drizzle of the pre prepared pesto and place back into the oven for ten minutes
Serve immediately from the oven with either a large salad or sweet potato wedges or both – then ENJOY!
Thanks to www.beautifulgreensoul.com for the original recipe and photographs